Saturday, September 10, 2011

Great advice

There is nothing more humbling than having lunch with a supermodel, particularly one who is also a supermum, superbusinesswoman, super tv star and now a super-hero in the age-defying stakes. The good news is that as the new face of Revlon's Age Defying foundation, Elle McPherson is happy to share a few secrets with us, and so, here are three top rules according to Elle, refreshingly simple and easy to follow:
1: Drink three litres of water a day. Sounds like a lot, but Elle says it's easy if you do it in batches of six 50cl bottles, strategically placed and timed. Put two in your handbag, one by the bed, one for when you're brushing your teeth and that leaves you with only two more to fit in during the day. Easy.
2: Seven hours sleep a night. "My weight fluctuates now I'm getting older and I've discovered that sleep is highly under-rated, it's old fashioned but it seems to help regulate everything."
3: Exfoliate. "I have a mitt and I have a Double Duty Scrub from my own range and I scrub my whole body, every bit, because it's so good for detoxing and circulation. Then I moisturise. A make-up artist in Los Angeles recently gave me a hot tip, and suggested I use Revlon Colorstay foundation on my body. I said, "Look, I don't have to use Revlon for everything just because I'm the new face!" but that's not why he was using it at all, and when he smothered it on my arms, and decolletage I could see it gave the most phenomenal body coverage. I use it all the time now."
Sadly the new Revlon Age Defying with DNA Advantage won't somehow transmit Elle's DNA to magically transform, but with a high SPF (20) and a smooth, soft texture that slides easily onto the skin, the finish is incredible and we'll be coming back for more.

No comments:

Post a Comment