Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Bamboo Tablet


This is Assignment #6 in Digital Design 220. Using a drawing tablet in connection with the computer. This was just a get acquainted exercise drawing with a pen to show hand drawn artwork.

I used my bamboo tablet and pen to draw this kitty in Illustrator and then I used the brush tool in Illustrator to color with a watercolor brush. It took a while to get the brush sizing, type, pressure figured out.  There are so many variations to try.

This was my first time drawing this way and it was a little difficult not looking down at what you were doing with your hand as you were drawing. It just takes a little getting used to but I thoughly enjoyed playing around with it. With a little practice I can see where one would get really good.

No comments:

Post a Comment